Some rarer games can sell for thousands of dollars, especially if they are in good condition with all of the playing pieces intact. Here’s a list of high-value vintage board games that have sold at high prices on eBay. The board game business is booming, and it’s not just a result of people staying home.
Everything on Amazon is a buy it now format and its easy to list. Pro’s are that your items can sell for a lot more then ebay. It is really hard trying to find people/places that donate board games, especially in the UK. We run a stress relieve period for our students during exam time, which include games, as they are a great way to de-stress. Hopefully this is something that will further develop in the future. There are two options here–the BGG Marketplace, and Geeklist Auctions. For the uninitiated, BoardGameGeek is the largest board game community on the web.
Jaipur Board Game: Also Consider
The market is poised to grow to $12 billion within the next few years as families use them more to connect with each other, according toResearch and Markets. Selling board games on Craigslist for a high price is tough. Con’s include a smaller audience, and the hassle factor of setting up a meeting with a prospective buyer.
- Thrift stores also generally have a good supply of board games for low prices.
- If you’re already at a thrift store to scan books or housewares, you should definitely take a look at board games, too.
- Even if you’re not a beginner, supplementing your traditional retail arbitrage with board games is a Scary Games smart idea.
- I always suggest that beginners diversify their inventoryby buying wide instead of deep.
- If you’re already doing retail arbitrage and Amazon FBA, then it’s no trouble to add a few board games to your next RA shipment.
- And then if the customer has any problems, Amazon will be able to handle the customer service.
The other alternative is using sites like Amazon and eBay to sell new and used board games. This approach is probably more relevant for most people, as many of us probably don’t have the inspiration or capital to try to make and sell your own board game idea. This vintage social climbing board game by Waddingtons dates back to the 1970s. This set comes in good condition and complete with all the pieces. The goal of the game is to earn money and retire, but selling the game can help buffer the bank account.
Into The Dead
There are thousands of people at any given moment talking about games, selling them, trading them, and so on. Selling directly to a board game community is advantageous, because it’s filled with people who are actively looking for great deals. One great thing about board games is that they retain their value really well. If you’re willing to go through the hassle that is selling used board games online, you might be able to fetch a reasonable price for them. At least, more reasonable than you might get for a lot of other used goods. Please feel free to share your experience in the comment section.
The biggest pro is that there are no fees for selling on Craigslist. Gaining in popularity the Amazon marketplace can get you the most money for your board games.